Moutreys

Talk about the fantastic food available in Whitby here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

whitbyvisit

Moutreys

Post by whitbyvisit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Can anyone give me some information about this place?

Rough ideas of what the prices are..should I book before I go etc

cher

Post by cher » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:37 pm

We've eaten there a couple of times and both times have needed to book - its been packed. Have tried to get in another time and was fully booked....

Nice Italian food, cant really remember the prices but they werent out of the ordinary from what I can recall. Really like the atmosphere, but if you do book and there's just two of you, ask not to be put at the table by the door as people brush past you all the time :)

whitbyvisit

Post by whitbyvisit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Right, thanks alot for the info.

Might give them a ring tomorrow.

rachel

Post by rachel » Sat May 03, 2008 6:58 pm

We have been to moutreys several times. It is advisable to book as it is always busy. Food is always good. Prices are okay. It usually costs us around 30 for two. Thats 2 main courses drinks and 1 pudding to share.

colin wilson

Post by colin wilson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:56 am

Had a meal there last week, as good as ever, and not over priced

HannahS

Post by HannahS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:29 pm

just wondered if this place did pizzas? sounds like a daft question but i know of italians that dont!

I am going to whitby in two weeks and want a nice place to eat out at, that sells pizza preferably. I'm vegetarian so pizzas always a good option :D

MarionHaste

Post by MarionHaste » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:40 am

Yup, it certainly does - cooked in the wood-fired oven that sits in the middle of the restaurant.

You will need to book though Hannah - it's packed at this time of year and also baking hot inside the restaurant - wear suitable clothing!

HannahS

Post by HannahS » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 pm

okay thanks very much :)

i will give it a go and let you know how i find it!

mickthetroll

Re: Moutreys

Post by mickthetroll » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Well done Moutreys, . This place has never failed me for quality, as a new experience (for my girlfriend and myself as we normally dine there as a couple) we invited my girlfriends daughter, boyfriend and 8 month old as well as our 4 yr old daughter, we had booked and made the staff aware of our needs, on arrival the staff were helpful and as ever, friendly, even when they had taken the time to stow the buggy away for us and were then requested to bring it back 20 mins later , the tall blonde waitress kept our 4 yr old daughter amused with colouring pics and crayons until food promptly arrived without some of the sneers that you recieve at less family friendly eateries, throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble and the food was top notch, steaks cooked to perfection as ordered and the pasta dishes were of good quality ..
On a whim , myself and my girlfriend decided to eat there the next night ( monday 2nd ) again my steak was perfect and even when my girlfriend ordered from the specials board asking for a few adaptations to her meal, the helpful stafff checked with the cooking staff and catered for her requests in every way..
Yet again this establishment hasnt let me down.. how i wish there was somewhere of this quality near my home..

Regards Mick, Kim and Freya

More thoughts on our recent stay will be posted on the appropriate threads when i have more time but Moutreys deserve the laurels for their faultless service
http://www.yorkshirefishing.net The Yorkshire anglers premier website

Jonbloke

Re: Moutreys

Post by Jonbloke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 pm

The food in moutrey's was really good. Really high standard. The waitresses that served us were very nice and looked after us. My only criticism was the advertised offers in their window and on every table amongst the menus. The manager seems to have no intention of honouring his advertised promotions! The "pizza special" seems to be at the managers discretion - "T&Cs apply", the offer on the menu says, but nowhere does it actually tell you what they are! Apparently it's only on certain days the waitress told us and as long as they explain before we order that's okay apparently. Some of my friends left when finding out the manager had no intention of honouring his promotions. I enjoyed my meal but don't appreciate being lured in under false pretences.