Vinyard reopened

Talk about the fantastic food available in Whitby here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Whitby John

Vinyard reopened

Post by Whitby John » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 pm

The Vinyard is re-opened, with a new chef and apparently under new ownership. We've not tried it yet, but the menu looks promising.

Reports please!

McRod

Post by McRod » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Is this the Italian Restaurant on Grape Lane?....or am i totally mixing it up with somewhere else ?

noggin

Post by noggin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Your totally mixing it up with somewhere else......... :lol:

Whitby John

Post by Whitby John » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:39 pm

The Italian on Grape Lane is called Moutreys. I've never been in it, but people say it is okay.

The Vinyard is up on Silver Street. We've booked a table for Saturday night, so report to follow.

petermcgeeney

Post by petermcgeeney » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 pm

I've just returned from two weeks in Whitby. Was in Moutreys twice. Both the food and the ambience are excellent. I can highly recommend it. Be prepared to book though. It tends to be busy, even midweek. There is another Italian resaurant opened in Church St last Thursday. We were in on Friday night and I can say that I found it really good, very pleasant staff and good food. Its called "Cosa Nostra" and is in what was the old Quaker meeting house just round the corner from Grape Lane, so not far from Moutreys.
Was also in Trenchers, they have won a 2010 Loo of the Year award! I can see why. Going into their toilets is like going into a classical cinema auditorium. Only loo I know with a visitors book. Actually very impressive. Last year I slated the food in Trenchers but I am pleased to say that this year their fish and chips was fine. :D