dog walking in whitby

Been to a great event or venue in the Whitby area and want to tell people about it? Going to one? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

carryoncleo

dog walking in whitby

Post by carryoncleo » Thu May 01, 2008 9:05 am

can anyone tell me if there are any suitable parks /places where we can go walking with dogs. were hoping to hold a dog walking fundraising event for english bull terriers in rescue

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Thu May 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Sorry, I can't help, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck as I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriors :) !! x

MarionHaste

Post by MarionHaste » Thu May 01, 2008 6:10 pm

The old Scarborough to Whitby railway line might be just what you are looking for and you can easily turn it into a circular route by simply turning back or for a longer walk, coming off at Ribin Hood's Bay then doing the cliff path back - but I'm not sure how safe that is for dogs who might plunge. The old railway line is away from traffic with lots of good smells for dogs.

You access the old track from Stakesby Vale, which is off South End Gardens, which is at the top of Bagdale, just by the roundabout. It's not very well signposted, but if you stand and look at the Arundel Hotel, just head up the road to the right of it. You will see steps before the arch or a gentler path up just beyond it.