secret cave in whitby (from the gallery)

Been to a great event or venue in the Whitby area and want to tell people about it? Going to one? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:44 am

:wink:

Odessy

Post by Odessy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:37 am

Judging by the ferns and the rocks, I reckon it's somewhere near Ravenscar!

Odessy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:51 pm

Sorry, nope.

I'm worried that if this goes on long enough - you could get a map and colour in all the places I've said no to, and the answer would be the only place left un-coloured :P

drs

Post by drs » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:26 pm

Due back in Whitby next week for a few days - I see it's still A SECRET!

Well, I take it no one has found out where the cave is (if indeed it is a cave, and not just an old quarry, with a few bits of wood propped against the side!?! )

Having lost many sleepless nights wondering where it might be, I've decided to give up thinking about it, for the following reasons.

1. Those who know where it is want it kept a secret. I can respect this, having spent time in underground places whose locations found their way onto the net and subsequently became abused and vandalised, and therefore lost to those in the know, for future access.

2. It's rare to know of anywhere genuinely secluded and unspoilt, in a vast world of places, that practically everyone knows how to get to with maps and gps systems.
It's gotta be a dream to find somewhere, just for you and a select few.

3. I dont know where it is! There are millions of places in and around Whitby that the cave could be in. I could spend years searching for it on foot - even getting to within a few feet of it - but if I didn't turn the right corner, or take the right path - I might not find it.

4. I can't walk all over North Yorkshire looking for it, due to work, and a recently diagnosed nerve disease - so I won't bother trying!!

5.It's your place Mr Admin man - and I hope you appreciate it, use it well, often, and enjoy it!

And if you do - how about a few more pictures of it - just to keep us all interested and having further sleepless nights??

Not that i'm interested anymore, of course - but it's always nice to see what's out there, whether I can go there or not.

Of course, it could all be a big April fool type affair, and the pic could have been taken in Whitby, Ontario - or anywhere else in the world!!

:wink: :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:32 pm

I've moved to Devon (on thursday) - so I can't get any more photos of it I'm afraid... and it's definitely in the Whitby, North Yorkshire region.

You've not really got any hope of finding it because as I've said before, it's not on public land and there's no footpath near it. I didn't originally post the picture as any kind of treasure hunt - just because I liked the picture really.

You're right though, it's a rare thing to know of such a place that nobody else knows about (or very few)... so I'll keep schtum!!

sports_mad2004

Post by sports_mad2004 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Where in Devon Jeff? Or is that a secret too?? Its a long way from Whitby. If you have the chance go to a place called Beer...lovely.

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:22 am

Ooh I think we drove past that the other day. I'm based in Copplestone near Crediton now.

JohnWS

Post by JohnWS » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:31 pm

admin wrote: How's this... if someone gets it right I'll hide this thread and confirm it with the guesser. That way it stays a secret from the world, but the guesser will know they guessed right. Does that make sense?

Edited
as new post covers ground above.........

JohnWS

Post by JohnWS » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:43 pm

I think it's somewhere within the red line.

<SNIP>

ADMIN: Eeek! :shock:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I was just sat in this cave very nice it is :)

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm

And yes it is very secret :shock:

drs

Post by drs » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

After thinking about it for quite some time, we have decided to leave Bristol and head northwards so as we can concentrate on searching every square inch for the cave.

Surely that deserves a clue???? :roll: