Whitby Regatta

Been to a great event or venue in the Whitby area and want to tell people about it? Going to one? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Whitby Bride

Whitby Regatta

Post by Whitby Bride » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:23 am

Hi everyone!

Me and the family are staying in Primrose Valley next week so of course will be having a trip in to Whitby!

I've descovered that the Whitby Regatta is on this coming weekend and as we have never been before we would love to go. The Monday looks to be the best day so think we will go then. Has anyone been to the Regatta? Just wondered what the best bits are?

Also, does anyone know what time the firework display is at the end? My kids would love to see it but they are quite young (4yrs and 20 months) so I don't know if it would be too late for them. I also have to drive back to Filey afterwards so worry what the roads around there are like in the dark!

Whitby John

Post by Whitby John » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Can I suggest that you buy a programme? They are usually about £2 or £3, and you can get them from the newsagents shops, tourist info and various other places. That way you'll know when the fireworks are, and you'll contribute to the fund-raising side!

Sigh the Merciless

Re: Whitby Regatta

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 am

So, who's going to be at the Regatta this year?
It'l be my first one, as I don't like crowds, but fancy the photography opportunities of the Red Arrows and Spitfires. Might even go on the Monday evening for the fireworks.
Incidentally, I heard somewhere, not sure where, this may be the last time the Red Arrows will be here... All the more reason to make the effort.