Good rock/goth pubs in Whitby or anything on Sat 14th/Sun 15

Been to a great event or venue in the Whitby area and want to tell people about it? Going to one? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

rex1975

Good rock/goth pubs in Whitby or anything on Sat 14th/Sun 15

Post by rex1975 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi - visiting Whitby for first time Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th August and would appreciate any advice on if there any rock / goth pubs or clubs in Whitby? or any events worth knowing about?

Thanks for any info,

rex

ianwigley

Post by ianwigley » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:35 pm

The Elsinore on Flowergate is filled with Goths. Try also The Station. There are loads of places you'll be made welcome. Little Angel on Flowergate, Middle Earth Tavern, The Board Inn and The Duke of York on Church Street. You'll be in good company.

Any more suggestions, let me know.

Ian

rex1975

Post by rex1975 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Cheers Ian - will definately try those places out,

Rex

ianwigley

Re: Good rock/goth pubs in Whitby or anything on Sat 14th/Su

Post by ianwigley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm

rex1975 wrote:Hi - visiting Whitby for first time Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th August and would appreciate any advice on if there any rock / goth pubs or clubs in Whitby? or any events worth knowing about?

Thanks for any info,

rex
Hey there,

Further to my last message - Other good pubs, though not necessarily rock/goth - The Black Horse - Church Street, Shambles (apparently, I've not been in but have had some good reports about the place) - Church Street, First Inn, Last Out (apparently, I've not been in but have had some good reports about the place) - out of the main centre - Google it!!, also any of the four main pubs in Robin Hoods Bay are great, and lots of goths visit RHB.

As for bands and stuff, The Board Inn has a turn on on a Saturday usually, and The Station Inn (across from the railway station, naturally) has turns on quite regularly.

Enjoy!!!!

Ian