Heartbeat

Discuss Whitby's media appearances here including travel shows, tv productions (ie Heartbeat etc), films etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Wisparolo

Heartbeat

Post by Wisparolo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:03 pm

They are filming for Heartbeat in grape lane on Wednesday 11th march . I think the times are 1-30 till 3.30

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Thought they'd stopped filming because ITV'd got so many unaired episodes? Plus it's been cancelled. Ah well. x

Wisparolo

Post by Wisparolo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Yes I know that is the topic of conversation up there but the owners of properties in grape lane have been notified of the filming this wednesday. I've seen the letter

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Hmm, how odd. x

stinknugget

Post by stinknugget » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm

That is rather strange. Only last week it was on the radio about the end of Heartbeat.
We went to Goathland today. It looked as busy as ever, and they didn't seem to be any worry. The police car was outside the shop and everything looked quite busy. Even with the biting wind.

jgharston

Post by jgharston » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Wednesday?? Boo! I don't get into Whitby until Friday morning!

I knew I should have taken this week off instead of next week ;)
--
JGH - The Whitby Wiki - whitby.wikia.com

adam

save Heartbeat

Post by adam » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 am

Background (Preamble):
Heartbeat is a long running drama originally aired in 1992, that is a clear indication of long running public support. The programme helps Goathland or Aidensfield as it known on screen be economically sustainable.

Heartbeat is now at risk!!!!

ITV needs to be shown that there is still support for this fabulous, heart warming drama, and other classic dramas such as sharpe starring the superb actor Sean Bean. & the royal which also has an individual petition on this website.
Petition:
We need to show our support in saving classics such as Heartbeat which has millions of viewers and even more fans.

It is a huge shame that ITV have decided to terminate good quality family drama, not just Heartbeat; but it's sister programme The Royal which has some splendid casting and scripting. Sharpe in my eyes the only rival to Heartbeat is also being cut.

How are these cuts justifiable when the public want it, the viewing stats are good?

SO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND SIGN THE PETITION.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-heartbeat.html

Mackem74

Post by Mackem74 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 am

There was a big meeting at Whitby Pavilion last night involving cast and crew on the future of Heartbeat.

Click on the link below. As they say, this is hot off the press and there's more on the way I believe in the Whitby Gazette on Friday ...

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/Ang ... 5064318.jp