SS Rohilla - BBC Coast

Discuss Whitby's media appearances here including travel shows, tv productions (ie Heartbeat etc), films etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

whitbycolin

SS Rohilla - BBC Coast

Post by whitbycolin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

There are Just a few days to Sunday and the BBC Coast episode on BBC 2 at 9:00 pm which features the SS Rohilla. Although I have worked with a number of television series this will be my first in front of the camera.

The Rohilla as many of you know is my pet subject and one I hold most dear. Given the impact it had on Barnoldswick it is likely to be something of interest. My only disappointment is that so little 'air time' will be allotted to the tragedy.

I would also like to make a small request if I may. I am looking for people who would consider recording the episode onto to a video recorder for me. I have an extended number of people who are related to someone involved in the tragedy, that I would like to send a video to. Many are of an older generation without DVD players. If you are willing to assist me please e-mail me rohilla@eskside.co.uk

Best regards

Colin Brittain
http://www.eskside.co.uk/ss_rohilla/bbc-coast.htm
I'm like driftwood on a windy day.

admin
Site Admin

Re: SS Rohilla - BBC Coast

Post by admin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up Colin. Reminder set in my calendar to watch it...

ianwigley

Post by ianwigley » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you Colin for the heads up.

I'll be watching.

Ian

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

Good work Colin! I enjoyed the piece. Very interesting. What a "stiff upper lip" that Titanic survivor had! :mrgreen:

ianwigley

Post by ianwigley » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

Saw it too Colin, very interesting.

I missed the show on the night, but managed to catch it on iPlayer which gives you a download function...so I have it here on my laptop for keeps.

I haven't been to Whitby this year yet (I'll be there in a few weeks), the show reminded me how gorgeous the place is.

Well done for your work, Sir.

Ian