More famous than ever!

Discuss Whitby's media appearances here including travel shows, tv productions (ie Heartbeat etc), films etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

admin
Site Admin

More famous than ever!

Post by admin » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:15 pm

Seems like every other time I put the tv on these days Whitby is on in some capacity or other. I can't recall it being like this 5 or 10 years ago. Must be doing the tourist trade a world of good. Our monthly site hits have certainly increased hugely since we started the site, but I guess that could be down to increased internet usage since then.

Marra

Post by Marra » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:34 am

Whitby has become more "famous" over the past years, The Endevour brought huge amounts of people to whitby each time it visited and also got good media attention, The goth weekends, Fishing industry and the traditional whitby regatta also seem to create more attention these days with regular TV and radio appearances/Mentions. I suppose its good news for the local businesses.

Scarborough-online

Post by Scarborough-online » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:32 pm

our local series makes all the difference.. YTV must have increased the UK awareness of both Whitby and Scarborough with the likes of Heartbeat and the Royal...they put them on off season so when the time comes for travellers they are fresh in their minds...
...and heh..be careful out there!!

Kipper

Post by Kipper » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:59 am

the whiby gazette keeps me intouch

InterStella

Post by InterStella » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 pm

I often wonder if the local people of Whitby get fed up with all the people who come to because of Heartbeat,etc.Its true that the revenue that the tourist industry creates must be welcome I expect ,but you cant beat Whitby on a dark January night when you can walk through the deserted streets to The Black Horse and easily get a seat.