Buchanan Family Links

Talk in here about all things historical relating to Whitby and the surorunding area.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

mikew

Buchanan Family Links

Post by mikew » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Can anybody help me with some information on the Buchanan family. A Charles and Williamina Buchanan supposedly resided at Sandsend N.Yorks around the 1940s. They had a son Jack and possible a daughter Miss M. Buchanan.
Jack was in the RAF, a Battle of Britain pilot, he flew Bristol Blenheim's and Bristol Beaufighter's. He unfortunately died in a flying accident in February 1941 at RAF Scopick in Lincolnshire. He was buried at Easington E.Yorks, his name was not included on our local War Memorial. But after campaigning to the local Parish Council, his name has been rightfully added. It is the intention to hold a re-dedication service of the War Memorial at some point in the future. My reason for this enquiry, is to see if there are any descendants of the family known to any one, so that we might extend an invitation to them to attend the ceremony.
Hoping you can help me.
Thanks
Mikew

David Perry

Re: Buchanan Family Links

Post by David Perry » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:11 pm

There is - or was (it may have changed names !) a Buchanan and White solicitors on baxtergate.