ANN: The Whitby Wiki

Talk in here about all things historical relating to Whitby and the surorunding area.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

jgharston

ANN: The Whitby Wiki

Post by jgharston » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 pm

The Whitby Wiki: http://whitby.wikia.com
All things history, geography, genealogy related about Whitby. Feel free to register and share information.

I've been working on this for some time, getting the site registered and the background functionality working. My personal forte is geography based information, and originally it was going to be a "Whitby Yards" wiki, but a general "Whitby Wiki" is going to be more useful. I've been spending most of the last couple of weeks getting my Yards of Whitby information into a state to upload - I've done 'A' and 'B' with a scattering of other letters so far :)

I've got a lot of map-related information. If there's an article that needs a map to illustrate it, such as the Rivers pages I've been putting together, put a note on the page and I'll put together an appropriate map. Long term I intend to put all my documentation and maps on the Wiki so things like location maps can be made by anybody with a graphics editor.

To get started I borrowed the Whitby Online favicon to have something to work with. I'll be replacing this with something else when I get around to it.
--
JGH - The Whitby Wiki - whitby.wikia.com

Sigh the Merciless

Re: ANN: The Whitby Wiki

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 am

WOW!
That looks really, really good. your hard work is paying off.