Whitby During World War II

Talk in here about all things historical relating to Whitby and the surorunding area.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Screenwriter Paul

Whitby During World War II

Post by Screenwriter Paul » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi, my name's Paul, I'm a writer working on a film that's to be set in Whitby during the time of the Second World War. I'm in the early stages of the research process, collecting information etc. I was hoping to begin a dialogue with anybody who might have particular knowledge of the subject in question. Knowledge about the Home Guard in Whitby during that time... about Rationing... what establishments remained open, what were closed... that sort of thing.

I'm also very interested in hearing old war stories that took place in Whitby at the time as well.

Anything like this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 am

Hi.

There's a couple of fantastic books available which would be of use to you I think. They detail all of the locations in and around Whitby which were used in the war. I'll find out what they're called for you.

Also, if you'd like to write a short piece promoting your film (or already have some literature on it) email it over and we'll put a piece on the site about it.

Screenwriter Paul

Post by Screenwriter Paul » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

I'd be interested in the titles of those books, absolutely! But as far as sharing literature; I'm just the writer, the story itself doesn't fully belong to me, not to mention the project is still in its early stages, hence all the research.

What I can tell you is, it's a World War II adventure set in both Whitby and then Normandy with a comic book superhero twist!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Sounds interesting!

Finding out about the books for you. Will report back when I have more info for you...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Screenwriter Paul

Post by Screenwriter Paul » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Excellent, thank you very much!

Paul