Why do you do it?

Are you a Goth? Do you want to talk about Goths? This is the forum for all Goth related chat.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Whitby Bride

Post by Whitby Bride » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:28 am

I was driving down my street the other day and noticed a group of Goth styled teenager. One of them was holding up a board and at first I thought he was hitching a ride, but when I got closer it read "Free Hugs" That made me smile :D If I hadn't been driving I would have taken him up on his offer.

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:53 pm

snuffy wrote:I have a plain black t-shirt with the words "Cheer Up Goth" on the front. People have actually pointed at it before now !!
Goths are the most cheerful people I know to be honest. Emos are the ones who need to cheer up :lol: !! x

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Whitby Bride wrote:I was driving down my street the other day and noticed a group of Goth styled teenager. One of them was holding up a board and at first I thought he was hitching a ride, but when I got closer it read "Free Hugs" That made me smile :D If I hadn't been driving I would have taken him up on his offer.
Aww, that's really quite sweet :)!! x

stinknugget

Post by stinknugget » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm

I was chatting to the owner of one of those stores that sells hot dogs and doughnuts next to the Dracula experience. He was talking about the goths and said that alot of them who come for the goth weekend are doctors and lawyers... I was surprised, to honest. I thought such people would be too introvert for such flamboyance.
Samuel Johnson

"He that wishes to see his country robbed of its rights can not be a patriot".

petermcgeeney

Post by petermcgeeney » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I am far to old to be a Goth, but I can still admire their dress sense and actually listen to some of their music including groups like "The Damned" and "Fields of the Nephilim". Mind you in the main I am a classical music fan, especially Wagner.
When in Whitby I tend to buy, not Goth but macabre, T shirts from Shafiq's. Well, its part of the holiday experience. I have been known to sit on the Dracula seat and read said novel and have been able to follow Mina Murray's dash from her hotel along pier road, across the bridge, along church street and up the 199 steps to reach Lucy Westenra in the churchyard. How she managed to run that lot though is beyond me! Still its amazing how little that view has changed in over a century. How many other towns could say the same. :?

stinknugget

Post by stinknugget » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm

You're right. Not many towns can maintain that special something that keeps visitors returning year after year. But I won't go there.
Anyway, a bit of classical, eh?
I'm mostly into metal, but have always liked the soothing sounds of a bit of Vivaldi. I tend to download music to see if I'm going to like it before wasting good money on something I might not like. And I hate opera. I can't abide it... Until I happened upon Laura Polvereli.
She is amazing. But every time I try getting some opera it has some bloke sounding like a fog horn!
My search goes on.
Samuel Johnson

"He that wishes to see his country robbed of its rights can not be a patriot".

sports_mad2004

Post by sports_mad2004 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Removed
Last edited by sports_mad2004 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

petermcgeeney

Post by petermcgeeney » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Oh there's nothing to beat the "Entrance of the Gods into Valhalla" in Wagner's Rheingold, or how about Seigfried's funeral march from Goetterdammerung. :o