hello!

Are you a Goth? Do you want to talk about Goths? This is the forum for all Goth related chat.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

lindsays trachea

Post by lindsays trachea » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:11 pm

hello fellas, any news on the wgw site?

to all those of you going to the ball on sat have a fab time xxxx
Lonely is an eyesore...

Clareypie

Post by Clareypie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:10 am

Another hello from a WDS/WGW forum member :) The ball was fantastic!

Have been to many goth weekends, with living in Redcar, it's nice and convenient :wink:

Very nice to see our own little section and a warm welcome here!

Anita Blake

Post by Anita Blake » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:54 pm

But strangely enough the same old names keep turning up!

I must admit, I have found this site a very valuable resource, and quite an entertaining read at times, so thank you!

Love-Lies-Bleeding

Post by Love-Lies-Bleeding » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Hello everybody! I'm finally on. :waves: It's good to see familiar faces, as well as new ones.

Short intro - I grew up in the Whitby area, went away to uni in Bangor and now want to move back!

Cynikal_Goth

Post by Cynikal_Goth » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:14 pm

Heya!
Another lost soul from WGW :D
Not doing April but coming in Oct (gives us time to save up!)

Cyn
VeLvEt TeARs

Clareypie

Post by Clareypie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:20 pm

Is everyone in the WGW mood then?

pancreasweed

Post by pancreasweed » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:59 pm

Hello there, 'tis my first post. We went to the WGW for the first time and loved it. Walking round the town not looking out of place or feeling people were staring was great. We can't wait till October.

Just one question to anyone. Did anyone fail to get into the venue on Saturday night? We went about 9.15 only to find lots of people queing down the stair to the entrance. Although we all had out wristbands on we could not get in cause the venue had oversold so we and many others were turned away. The WGW site is at present not running to find anything out for some strange reason. Anyone experience the same?
Antichrist Superstar.

jestermarc

Post by jestermarc » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 pm

To the best of my knowledge no-one was turned away (wristbands or not), although people who may have been unhappy or unwilling to wait in the queue were offered some form of compensation as a sign of goodwill.

Unfortunately once rumours start they kind of increase and expand exponetially. Again, to the best of my knowledge, the problem was caused by the interpretation of new fire regulations by a new security company. Despite the obvious frustration of having to wait, once the event organisers got to grips with the problems, the queues were very well managed and soon got moving.

It is a shame that some people either decided not to queue, or were led to believe that they would be denied entry altogether, but sometimes these things just happen.