goth music

Are you a Goth? Do you want to talk about Goths? This is the forum for all Goth related chat.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Nigel

Re: goth music

Post by Nigel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Dose Steam Punk tend to lean more towards the Victorian Gothic scene were modern day technology is applied with industrial revolution era mechanics or am I barking up the wrong tree :?:

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Yes, more or less :). I think it's lovely, but I love black too much to join in, though I do like to look at the men in uniform ;).

Kizzie xxx

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 am

I don't think black will ever go out of fashion it is the epitome of cool and rebellion I'm 45 and still have my black moments, I'm also lead to believe it makes you look slimmer, but heh what do I know I have no fashion sense :D

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:41 am

My mum always moans at me because I won't wear brown and the like (it does look good on me because I have dark skin and brown and other colours make it show more), but I feel more comfortable in black. I do wear white and red as well though :)!!

Kizzie xxx

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Wear black! Never fear colours running in the wash again! Lol! :P My mum says stuff like "How do you know what's what in there? It all look the same! *peering in the wardrobe*" And with a knowing smile I nod and say "It knows me!" :twisted: Mwuh ha har har *cough splutter ahem*

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Miss Sakura, I mean this in the best possible way but I think your slightly mad :D but saying that I dare not delve to far into the murky depths of my wardrobe I think theirs still items of clothing in there left over from the SEVENTIES!

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 pm

:P

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 am

Haha, I love it Miss S :D!!

Kizzie xxx

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm thinking that feline needs therapy :lol:

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 am

Hehehe! Glad you guys liked that. One of my fav LOLcats by far! :P Sorry my replies are slow by the way. Work's been quite mental which sort of blows all the self employed stereotypes out of the water for me. :lol: Hope you're all well though and Nigel's hunt for good music is coming along well still! x

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Miss Sakura Its nice to hear from you I'm glad you've got plenty to keep you busy, I'm still on the hunt for good music, Ive been listening to a band called Theater of Tragedy, it sounds like a mixture of Gothic and Celtic folk Its maybe not as intense as some of the rock Goth but I really liked it. I've also been watching a program on TV called Luther the theme song is by Massive Attack its really good but I don't know what Its called. Its been really quiet for the last week on the forum I'm glad you could make a post :D

DaveGraham

Post by DaveGraham » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 am

I found this site rather helpful for the differences in Goth types.

http://www.blackwaterfall.com/viewall.php

I only wish I'd seen it before going to Whitby during the Spring Goth festival - I'd have enjoyed spotting the different costumes even more and had a lot more understanding of the sub-cultures...nevertheless it was brilliant and everyone was so friendly :)

Cheers,

Dave

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:13 pm

I didn't know there were so many different types of goth, I just thought it was rock goth, steam punk, and Victorian goth. I found this site amusing and informative thanks for the heads up Dave 8)

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:24 am

Suffice to say, I need a holiday! :P Think I will be doing the same as you are soon though. Need some new 'tunes' as I fear my music collection is getting rather musty.

That Massive Attack song you mentioned - "Angel" comes to mind. Tends to be used a lot in films, computer games and adverts. Other regulary used ones are "Unfinished Sympathy" and "Teardrop". Hope that helps! :)

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

thanks for the heads up Miss Sakura I'll be sure to check those songs out. Recently I've been listening to a band called Rival sons, they're more along the lines of blues rock reminiscent of Led Zeppelin in my opinion they are amazing