Business at whitby

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

justsayd2

Business at whitby

Post by justsayd2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:41 am

Hi, I want to bring my smoothie business to Whitby beach and I just want to know how to go about getting a shop or a space for Van (to sell inside it). If anyone knows how, Please can you kindly direct me on what to do and if it's possible to do this? Thanks

David Perry

Re: Business at whitby

Post by David Perry » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:27 pm

To operate on the beach you'd need a licence from Scarborough Borough Council - not sure which department.
There are no shops which face onto the beach.

jgharston

Re: Business at whitby

Post by jgharston » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:30 pm

David Perry wrote:To operate on the beach you'd need a licence from Scarborough Borough Council - not sure which department.
You need a Street Trading licence to "sell, expose or offer for sale any article (including a living thing) in a street, road, lay by, footway, beach or other area, road, lay by, footway or forecourt to which the public have clear unobstructed access without payment, or highway service area", and the permission of the land owner. For the beach that would also be the council. Contact the council Licensing Department on: customer.first@scarborough.gov.uk or 01723 232323
--
JGH - The Whitby Wiki - whitby.wikia.com