New Year in Whitby?

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Sukay

New Year in Whitby?

Post by Sukay » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Planningto spend a few days in Whitby over New Year and wondering how lively it will be?

:?:
:)

David Perry

Re: New Year in Whitby?

Post by David Perry » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Well much like every other town I guess.

Town pubs full to brimming with folk. Lots of drinking, shouting, laughing and falling about. :lol:

ianwigley

Post by ianwigley » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Sukay wrote:Planningto spend a few days in Whitby over New Year and wondering how lively it will be?

:?:
:)
Never done Whitby on New Year, but spent a few in Robin Hood's Bay, always used to go to Whitby New Year's Eve day then head back to Bay to do a shirt-sleeved pub tour...

If Whitby Town were at home on New Year's Day that was always, always on the agenda, as was the Boxing Day game.

Captainwobble

Post by Captainwobble » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 am

Hi. I'm also having my first New Year's Eve in Whitby do any of you locals know which bars are hosting a band/singer/live music? Also if a ticket is needed?

Thank you

skeggydave

Post by skeggydave » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi,Captainwobble.
I am going to the whitby rifle club,there is a good trio on.Tickets are £12 which includes a buffet, you dont need to be a member. The met pub on the west cliff has got a singer/comedian on tickets there are £10. I know new years eves are very busy but both are worth a try. Good luck and hope you have a good time.