MOVING TO WHITBY ! !

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

David Perry

Re: MOVING TO WHITBY ! !

Post by David Perry » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Andy
When I was in my teens and twenties, come the end of school holidays, Whitby was dead. No visitors. The only people you saw were locals for the rest of the winter. There were only a couple of ancient and simple cafes and only a couple of restaurants.
Despite all the changes, most of which I welcome because Whitby is a much more cosmopolitan and busy little town, I love it.

It might still be a geographical backwater, but that has it's benefits too!!!

Incidently I've lived in Eire for 10 years and came back here after considering many other places!

skeggydave

Post by skeggydave » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 pm

I moved to whitby 5 months ago. I am renting a flat with lovely harbour views .I have lived in a lot of places but this is the best, i love it here. _

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 pm

You are very lucky skeggydave,

No offence but with a user name like that its sounds like you may have come from my personal most hated place on our planet '' SKEGNESS ' :lol: . went to Skegvegas a few months ago ( not by choice) the kids wanted to go to fantasy island, (My idea of a fantasy is me and holly willoughby locked naked in a very small cubboard together :lol: !), anyway we all have ours dreams, back to my all time pet hate, I would sooner dangle my penis in a bunch of stinging nettles than go skeggy again :D , What a scum filled hell hole, full of people who can't afford to holiday any other place, full of tattooed lazy benefit yobs walking round with their pet dogs with spiked collars,thinking they are hard, fags in mouth while they carry one of their many children, their scrawny sunken eyed druggy looking girlfriends pushing the babies, its a low life luxury holiday to those people.

Hope you fit in well with the middle class people in Whitby !! PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

BobHoliday

Post by BobHoliday » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Andy you're very quick to judge people and places, blimey!

There's many reasons why people might be less well off than you are - and many reasons why people turn to drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.

There's also many people who'd visit your street in Derbyshire, see your house, your kids, your life and then speak negatively of it because they're more financially fortunate than you.

Not a good way to be, in my humble opinion.
Bob Holiday

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Take your point,

But there do seem to be an awful lot of people holidaying in skegvegas who look like they have been on the Jeremy kyle show ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

skeggydave

Post by skeggydave » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi andy, I lived on a very nice caravan park and thoroughly enjoyed it until the owner sold it to a big operater and it changed overnight thats why i left. I agree skegness is not the best of resorts but i think you have gone completly over the top. I thought you were a sensible bloke but with comments like that i think i will fit in better in whitby than you would.

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

sense of humour wouldn't go a miss though :) :) :)
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

BobHoliday

Post by BobHoliday » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Andy I'm sure you didn't mean it to, but your post where you said:

"Hope you fit in well with the middle class people in Whitby !! PMSL"

Sounds like you're "pissing [your]self laughing" at SkeggyDave because you think he won't fit in in Whitby because he's not good enough.

His apparent lack of "sense of humour" may be related to that.
Bob Holiday

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 pm

No not at all,

Skeggy dave lived in skeggy, he wasn't there for a holiday like the type of people I was referring too, so sorry skeggydave I wasn't referring to your good self.

The holiday makers are not all scum bags i'm not saying that everybody is but you would have to walk around the place with your eyes shut not to see a big number of the type of people I am talking about.

My sister and her kids are going skeggy this weekend camping, they love the place and go many times a year, each to their own, maybe not yourself but I know many, many people would agree with me it attracts its more than fair share of scum bags and has a huge reputation for it, in Leicestershire and Derbyshire the area and people I know anyway, I can't speak for other parts of the country of course. :)
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

skeggydave

Post by skeggydave » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi andy and bob,nice to hear both your views. Believe me i have a sense of humour i just thought andy went over the top. I agree skegness has its fair share of idiots but so do a lot of other resorts even in whitby we get a few but i know what you mean. Again thanks for your views and hope you get your move to whitby andy i would love to meet you.

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 am

Sorry, not my intention to upset anyone, just mine and many others I know observation of alot of people who holiday in skegvegas 8) . Yes I do go overboard, yes I do take thinks over the top sometime ( ask my Mrs ! :) but some stuff is in jest ! . My sense of humour is totaly off the scale, my work mates cant believe what they hear sometimes from me and ask if im for real ! Sadly for some I am ! :D . Hoping to get up whitby for couple days again later in year dave so I will let u know :D :D
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 am

Here are a few pictures of when I was in Whitby a few weeks ago.

I got up at 4.30 a couple of times to catch the tide right to do a bit of fishing. I caught a few mackerel and whiteing which I cooked for lunch in our holiday cottage (yummy) , also caught sandeels and a nasty little weaver fish !!. one morning on my way fishing I found a wallet with £80 inside and credit cards in the middle of Henrietta street, could have done with extra holiday spending money but I did my good deed and put a notice up with my mobile number and I found the owner who was staying in kipper cottage and returned their holiday money (happy man), I know how pissed off I would have been if I had lost it ! :D :D

heres some pics of my catch .

enjoy the pics. .. . [img][/image]
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 am

Nope, that didn't work :oops:

Anyone know how to post pictures on here as i'm computer backwards ??? :oops:
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:45 am

Ok, seen seen in the FAQ that u can't post pictures off your own pc, only publicly viewable images,

Never mind ! :cry:
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Andy you can make them public viewable yourself, from your own PC, and then post them in here. Use a free service like PhotoBucket or FlickR or Picasa.