Sunday Lunch

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

moodyblue2

Sunday Lunch

Post by moodyblue2 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 pm

So following on from my fish and chip thread we'll be coming to Whitby for a week in June and will be looking for somewhere that does a good Sunday lunch at a reasonable price, either in Whitby itself or not too far away.

Preferably somewhere that doesn't have too many steps as our daughter is currently recovering from a dislocated knee.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sunday Lunch

Post by admin » Wed May 15, 2013 6:49 am

I hesitate to tell you this as I have enough trouble booking a seat already! But... The Board Inn in lealholm is absolutely fantastic. And the Wheatsheaf in egton is a good runner up. There's also The Heart and Woodlands in Sandsend which are fantastic.

moodyblue2

Post by moodyblue2 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:09 pm

admin wrote:I hesitate to tell you this as I have enough trouble booking a seat already! But... The Board Inn in lealholm is absolutely fantastic. And the Wheatsheaf in egton is a good runner up. There's also The Heart and Woodlands in Sandsend which are fantastic.
Thank you. I'll let you know where we end up!

moodyblue2

Post by moodyblue2 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Well, we ended up in the Wheatsheaf in Egton. Booked up on the Thursday before we travelled up on the Saturday.

Absolutely fantastic Sunday Lunch for £12.50. Chose a mixture of pork and beef which was served with 2 Yorkshire puddings, gravy and about 11 or 12 different vegetables!

Thanks so much for the recommendation.

Desserts were £5.95 and you could even have a "trio of desserts" which was 3 small helpings of any of the desserts.

Great food, great value.