Whitby - I'm Almost There (?)

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Sconecutter

Whitby - I'm Almost There (?)

Post by Sconecutter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 pm

:D
Last edited by Sconecutter on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sconecutter

Re: Whitby - I'm Almost There (?)

Post by Sconecutter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:01 pm

:D
Last edited by Sconecutter on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Perry

Post by David Perry » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Well what kind of do's and don'ts do you want?

Don't go with strange women?
Don't drink at the little A?
or:-
Do drink at the Big A
Do go to Bothams for a pork Pie?

?Eat what do you like?
Drink. What do you like?

Come on!!! Moving to whitby isn't exactly moving into the Khyber Pass district. There are plenty of fellow Leeds folk to guide you through the local politics and avoid indiscretions being heaped upon the locals. Indeed you might even meet a few local Whitby folk.

A couple of days without a reply and you're wondering why you[''ve not got more answers? Come on - this isn';t the big city. Calm down and try to take things as they come. We even understand Leeds.

David Perry

Post by David Perry » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Less attempt at humour:-

There are only two large supermarkets in Whitby, Sainsbury's out of town and the co-op right next to the station. there is a Lidl's too at the top of Stakesby Rd.

Pork pie comment is a reference to locally grown and cooked pork pies by Bothams and available on Baxtergate. Landers, a lovely butchers on Baxtergate also do an excellent pie too.

GP? As far as I know there's one local practice and that is on Chub Hill. (I don't have time to fall ill yet)

dentists? Havelock place is one, I'm struggling to think of another but then I go to one in Scarborough.

There are a few organisations in Whitby and many charity shops who use volunteers so you'll not be wanting of things to volunteer for.

Pubs? I don't often go out to Whitby these days on an evening (I live a few miles away down the coast). Unless you are very fussy there isn't any I'd stay away from and the Plough on Baxtergate is probably as cheap as you'll get.