car parking in Whitby

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

vinnie100

car parking in Whitby

Post by vinnie100 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:16 pm

I,m hoping that one of you peeps can help me out with this enquiry! I.m coming to your fair town later this month(27,28th jan) & am wondering about parking! We are staying at the Whitehorse & Griffin & have learnt that they don't have a carpark of there own, but they tell me that there's one 80 yards down the road. My question is - do the local authories allow the use of disabled parking permits(ie, would I be able to park there without getting fined for the 2 days that we're there) Or do I have to buy a permit to park there( I believe they cost £6 per day) & if thats the case, where do I get one from?
I hope that my questions are understandable & not too convoluted!!!!!
Thanks

David Perry

Re: car parking in Whitby

Post by David Perry » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 pm

The one they refer to is a small car park for which you require a resident's permit. But there's another larger one a few yards away. This to is owned by SBC and you need to pay for parkingl

vinnie100

Post by vinnie100 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for that. Where do I get one from though? :)

stukno

Post by stukno » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Go or call the tourist information centre. You can buy multiple day tickets that work out a little cheaper than paying at the machine.

stu k

David Perry

Post by David Perry » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

I'll second that!