Campervan Overnight Parking in Whiby

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

stuarthaslam

Campervan Overnight Parking in Whiby

Post by stuarthaslam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't know if this will start a heated debate or weather it has been spoken about on here before, but is there any parking in the town or surrounding car parks for overnight parking for camper vans ? I have seen a few park up on the the North Terrace in the West Cliff Area. Or maybe there is some area set aside at the Langborne Rd car parks behind the station ? Any view or recommendations would be appreciated.

Sigh the Merciless

Re: Campervan Overnight Parking in Whiby

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Not a hundred percent sure, but I think the Abbey car park has a sign saying no overnight parking. But I have seen overnighters parked there. I reckon they just don't enforce the rule.
Goth weekends generate a lot of camper vans. In all the car parks. So I doubt there'd be a problem. My personal argument would be to tell whoever asks that you are too tired to drive safely, that you're preventing a possible accident.

stuarthaslam

Re: Campervan Overnight Parking in Whiby

Post by stuarthaslam » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:37 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I think we will give it a try. We love Whitby and this would be our 1st time in a camper van so would only be staying the 1 night.
Thanks