Mumps in Whitby

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Sigh the Merciless

Mumps in Whitby

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 am

A lad I work with had mumps just about two weeks ago. And now, I'm sat at home like a bear with a sore, swollen head. Children have been sent home from school. And some rumours besides.
If you're in the Whitby area, make sure you wash regular and take all necessary precautions. Such as don't touch anything, or breath someone else's breath!

If you do get it, there is no cure. It simply has to run its course. The doctor told me that I am to take pain killers. That's all you can do.

First day, I started swelling around six in the evening. By eight it was almost to its full size. Very rapid.
Second day I woke feeling feverish and could not get comfort no matter how I sat or lay. And my head and face became quite sore. My throat started to feel constricted, too.
Today, physical I feel stronger, but already I have had two bouts of head aches like I have never suffered before.

jgharston

Re: Mumps in Whitby

Post by jgharston » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Oo. All the best. I was going to go to the Town Council meeting on Tuesday, will I be putting myself in danger? :?
--
JGH - The Whitby Wiki - whitby.wikia.com

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm

I hope you're feeling better soon. There's times like this when I'm glad I've had the MMR.

Kizzie xxx

Sigh the Merciless

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 am

Kizzie Kat wrote:I hope you're feeling better soon. There's times like this when I'm glad I've had the MMR.

Kizzie xxx
Reading up on it, sometimes that makes no difference.

Sigh the Merciless

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 am

jgharston wrote:Oo. All the best. I was going to go to the Town Council meeting on Tuesday, will I be putting myself in danger? :?
How often have you been in Whitby these last few weeks? See, you carry and spread mumps for around two weeks before you even know you have it!

Anyway, due to your comment on my photo, I went searching for maps on Google. Came across yours. Superb!

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Sigh the Merciless wrote:
Kizzie Kat wrote:I hope you're feeling better soon. There's times like this when I'm glad I've had the MMR.

Kizzie xxx
Yeh, one of my friends said she'd had it even though she'd had the jab, but I guess it's not going to hurt to be covered (I had the booster jab too.)

Kizzie xxx

Sigh the Merciless

Post by Sigh the Merciless » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Kizzie Kat wrote:
Sigh the Merciless wrote:

Kizzie xxx
Yeh, one of my friends said she'd had it even though she'd had the jab, but I guess it's not going to hurt to be covered (I had the booster jab too.)

Kizzie xxx
Well I hope your jab works, Kizzie. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I feel strong again. But have a cough. My face is swollen but I know it is going down as I can clench my teeth again. But the worst is the embarrassment. I mean, it is comical. I laugh at my own reflection. But I simply don't want to be seen. I'm not a good looking bloke at best, but to have this... It might have been good for end of October!

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 am

Aww, well I really hope you're feeling better soon, it sounds horrible :(.

Kizzie xxx