Whitby - Your God Honest Opinions

Got something to say about Whitby that doesn't really fit in the other categories? Then say it in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Is Whitby Goth Friendly on Non WGW?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:37 am

Oh hell YES girl!
25%
Oh hell YES girl!
25%
Oh hell YES girl!
25%
Oh hell YES girl!
25%
No. No way. GTFO or away!
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 28

Miss_Sakura

Re: Whitby - Your God Honest Opinions

Post by Miss_Sakura » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Aww Kizzie, no matter, maybe next time!

And JD I so hope that it catches us too! Haha! I will definitely be posting back what I think of the place and I so hope it's for us :) June's not too far now though and let least you will be there for some lovely weather! :D

Bless you Andy, sounds like you really adore Whitby! Do you get to go there a lot?

andyclare

Post by andyclare » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Not as much as i would like Kizzie! :cry:

Been holidaying up there since a kid, i adore Whitby. :D Been to many places round the UK but never seen anywhere that as the same feel as Whitby, something about the place that's magic :) !

I will be walking down the street in polpero and other little conrish villiges in Aug this year for my holiday, but nowhere has the magic of Whitby !!!!.

Hope you enjoy your holiday and the weather is fine for you 8) 8)
I LOVE WHITBY!!!!!!

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:25 am

andyclare wrote: Been holidaying up there since a kid, i adore Whitby. :D Been to many places round the UK but never seen anywhere that as the same feel as Whitby, something about the place that's magic :) !

I will be walking down the street in polpero and other little conrish villiges in Aug this year for my holiday, but nowhere has the magic of Whitby !!!!.
Everytime I read stuff like this about Whitby I can't help but smile. :) It seems like such a wonderful place and I kick myself for not having found out about it sooner, lol! I am hoping that we get at least one day of sunshine while we're there. I expect the weather will still be brisk but I can live with that (just about!). Not long now till I *hopefully* have my own magical memories of Whitby as so many other do! :D

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:57 pm

I hope you're having a lovely time Miss. S :)!! I had an amazing time when I was there, I really didn't want to come home!!

Kizzie xxx

petermcgeeney

Post by petermcgeeney » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:44 pm

When I am in Whitby I never want to come home. :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:51 pm

When you're in Whitby, you already ARE home!

petermcgeeney

Post by petermcgeeney » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh you are so right. Maybe someday I will be home all the time :D

JD

Post by JD » Wed May 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Any update of how the trip went Miss S?

Whats the verdict? :lol:

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Thu May 26, 2011 6:21 am

JD wrote:Any update of how the trip went Miss S?

Whats the verdict? :lol:

Hey JD! I am so terrible right now for keeping on top of replying to mail so I am sorry I did not do this sooner! We went, we saw, we fell in love! I think that we will definitely be moving to Whitby! Was so amazing being there! It's so beautiful and the people are wonderful! I wish that I could be there right now! :D Hope you lot (on the board) have all been well? How're you and the Mrs, JD?

Kizzie Kat

Post by Kizzie Kat » Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 am

That's great to hear :)!!

Kizzie xxx

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Fri May 27, 2011 3:42 pm

By the way, if there is anyone that knows of someone selling a house then let me know! Lol! Of course we are looking online and are in contact with estate agents there but just putting it out there that you want to sell me your home. :twisted: *cough* I mean, you might know someone that's looking to sell! *smiles sweetly* :P

JD

Post by JD » Tue May 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Really pleased you liked Whitby Miss S and had a great time, sounds like your mind is made up as far as moving is concerned. Hope you manage to pull it off and get your dream move. I can honestly say that i know loads of people who have visited whitby and non of them have had a bad word to say about it. Must be something about the place :)

Your right in that the people seem generally nice, i just find the place has such a nice 'aura' to it.

Me and the Mrs are great cheers miss S, both looking forward to our two day visit in a few week, hope we get the weather :lol:

EekaRat

Post by EekaRat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:43 am

Ooo, just read this thread (I also wish I lived in Whitby; I love the sea, the beautiful older/superior architecture, the pubs, the intamacy (I live in a gross concrete city :evil: ) - Whitby has everything that is idyllic. I was labelled a Goth in the past but I'm more of an eccentric rocker, who likes black clothes - Like Johnny Cash) Anyways, I'd love to hear the next installment of this story?!

Prettypeacock

Post by Prettypeacock » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Hope you manage to make the move here. I moved to Sleights in 1995 and have never regretted it. Would never move back inland. The whole are is so beautiful and I love being here. Good luck!!

Miss_Sakura

Post by Miss_Sakura » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 pm

JD you lucky thing! I hope you and the Mrs have a beautiful time! Fingers crossed for some gorgeous weather for you two :)

Hello EekaRat! Johnny Cash was one of the Don's of his time so keep rocking my friend! :D And I know how you feel, the concrete jungle is feeling dense and I am hoping for our break out soon! Have you thought about moving to Whitby yourself or would that be a pain for work and such?

Greetings Peacock! We looked into Sleights too and I wouldn't mind living there - another beautiful place to be! The whole area around that part of the world is so sceenic and I am hoping for not only wonderful summers but some pretty chilly winters too! :P

Thank you all so much for your support from both the hubby and I. The work is on, the packing is being done, the decorating has commenced so soon this place will be listed and we'll be that step closer to living the dream! :twisted: