Moving on up.

Feel the need to talk about something not Whitby related? No problem! Do that in here (except politics!)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

stinknugget

Post by stinknugget » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 pm

That post was for the decent chap who could put political differances to one side and talk about other things. And as such he has my respect and friendship if he wants it.
You, however, you're most active on the forum when you are tearing a strip off me. Makes me wonder, if people don't think along your lines you get your knickers in a twist. Constantly goading for an argument. What for, you think you can change me?
Anyway. That's enough, now. I may be a fool, but I'm an honest one.
As for you. I know you'll retort. But it'll go unread by me. I've no more time for you.

alocal

Post by alocal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:00 pm

It'd be nice to think I might have a chance of changing you, and others like you, and make the world a better place. I think I might have my work cut out.

You want to not discuss this - pretend it's not there - move on to something else... same as the other people I know that I mentioned earlier... you think it's a harmless private opinion that you don't want to share - but it's actually a festering evil which you harbour inside you.

Our ability to decide to think differently from the first idea that pops into our heads is what gives us the chance to be better than just instinct driven animals (automaton). Unfortunately, so few choose to exercise that ability.

The basic underlying motivation for your thoughts is fear. Have some courage and challenge it.